I was born and raised a Canuk, and during my teen years our family moved to southern California (due to mother’s health). And, yes folks, my family are all LEGAL ALIENS.
My major was fine arts in high school and college, and my interests were oils, watercolors, acrylics, silk painting, ceramics and batik.
I feel very fortunate to have participated in so many school field trips in high school and college in the fine arts line. Some galleries we visited were:
- The Huntington Gallery and Botanical Gardens, San Marino, CA.
- Los Angeles Museum of the Arts and La Brea Tar Pit, Los Angeles, CA.
- Norton Simon Museum of the Arts, Pasadena, CA (Asian Art)
- Crocker’s Art Museum, Sacramento, CA.
- Pasadena Museum of Modern Art, Pasadena, CA.
- The Getty Museum, Los Angeles, CA. (The hanging exhibit when we visited was primarily Vincent Van Gogh, on loan from Paris).
- Forest Lawn Memorial Park, Hollywood Hills, CA., where we viewed the statue of “David” by Michelangelo and other sculptures.
As well as the Art Gallery in Crescent City, my other interests are republican women of Del Norte, and Lutheran Woman’s Missionary (aka the Little Old Pie Bakers).
Blessings and happy painting.